Helping Homeowners, Realtors, and Real Estate Attorneys
Solve Title Exam Issues.

One Stop Mortgage Inc.

1stopsignAnother year is close to coming to an end. As you celebrate your accomplishments, recall what you were not able to do to ensure that it is at the top of your list for next year. This includes continuing to work in clearing up your mortgage discharge requests.

These past few weeks a good amount of effort led me to locate a servicer for One Stop Mortgage Inc. The business has not been around for a while, and there are still plenty of missing mortgage discharges needed.

Let my effort and work pay off for you. Feel free to contact me with any mortgage discharge request, and I can give you an idea right from the start of not only how much I think it will cost, but how soon the document will be in your hands.

It is a great feeling when you can rest  easy and know that the issues and concerns that haunt you are a thing of the past.

Consider that a title insurance agency or other closing attorney will likely only pass on to you their costs and actual third party fees for doing the same work.

Please contact me with any questions at 978-458-0934 or at


Land Court complications with a Certificate of Title

Many of you may already be familiar with the easy distinctions between recorded land, and the land court when it comes to recording or filing documents as part of a sale or refinance.

The recorded side is not as strict, and you can get away with a handwritten correction in the document. On the other hand, you better be sure that your documents are just right when planning to file them with the land court.

It is essential that you carefully scrutinize all the details, because lack of preparation and a careful review will only mean that you need to make a second trip.

The land court does not permit electronic recording.

Here are some common complications that you can easily avoid:

  1. When two spouses have owned a property as tenants by the entirety, filing a death certificate will not be enough for the remaining spouse to convey their interest in the property. The land court will require that you also file an “Affidavit of No Divorce.” Don’t forget to collect the additional recording fee.
  2. When you review a certificate of title for mortgage discharges, a lien release may have been filed with the older certificate of title. If that’s the case, although you may not need a new lien release or mortgage discharge, you will still need to pay the recording fee to have a certified copy carried over and re-filed in the new certificate of title.
  3. When the property you are handling a transaction for is both recorded and registered, be sure to file the documents first with the land court, and then carry over certified copies to be filed with the recorded side.
  4. In the alternative, if a lien release was only recorded and not registered, there is a good chance that you can get a certified copy and then file it with the land court. If the land court registry does not permit you do to so, you may still be able to file the certified copy if you can get approval from the Chief Title Examiner by visiting the actual Boston Land Court. It requires a trip to Boston, but it may same you time, and some frustration.

Rosa Law, LLC

Times are changing, and with changes come opportunity.

 Rosa Law, LLC


It is official, Rosa Law, LLC is now alive.

Along with the ability to continue to handle your mortgage discharge requests, I can now assist with your legal needs.

As my firm takes shape, you now have someone you can count on to deal with any title issue that you may come across, now matter how big or small.

I have a background in conveyancing, clearing up title exam issues, and civil litigation.

Please feel free to visit my website.

I look forward to continuing to work with everyone.


Francisco J. Rosa, Esq.